* Springbrook Soap Co: Why A Dragonfly????

Springbrook Soap Co

Monday, March 31, 2008

Why A Dragonfly????

A little history of Springbrook Soap Co., I have been making natural soap and body products for about 10 years now, many hours have been spent perfecting recipes and working on the art of soy and palm wax candles and of course labels.

Here's back ground of why the Dragonfly is on our label.

Yes, it goes back to those simple days, as a child, living in Wisconsin on the Namekegan River. I was about 10 years old, when I was laying on the old rickety dock by the river, with an old cast iron pot and some bread crumbs catching minnows so my sister and I could fish. We noticed a really ugly bug crawl up the post on the dock and just stick there, well the curious 2 we were, we sat and watched, we could see this thing emerging from the nasty looking bug, first a wing then another and out popped this absolutely beautiful green iridescent dragonfly, it sat there for awhile, as if it were telling us to look, I think at that moment, I received one of the greatest gifts from the universe, (a miracle?), that one dragonfly taught me to look for the beauty in everything. I've been told many times to stop "looking through my rose colored glasses". Well, I'm glad I wear those glasses, the world looks so beautiful. Everybody should have a pair.

About 3 years ago I met Wayne Dyer, one of my favorite authors, I explained the Dragonfly story to him and asked "what do you think it means", his reply was "oh, a miracle". I must admit I expected something more profound from him but, I get it now.

I toyed with the idea of a dragonfly on our labels for years, I recieved a phone call from a customer and she asked if I did natural Baby products, one of the Doctors in her practice were having a baby and she really wanted it to be special, I do a lot of custom labeling for my customers. My thoughts immediately went back to Wayne Dyer, a miracle, a baby, a dragon Fly. I enjoyed doing that basket above anything else I have ever done.

About a year after I did that basket, I found out the paper I used for my labels was no longer available, so the universe took care of the label dilemma for me. No doubt what it was going to be. The infamous Dragonfly. It's amazing how when you think you have something original and along comes someone, to take your ideas change them a bit and call it their own. A metamorphosis, in life I might add, lessons we learn from sharing our ideas with others, and making changes in our lives to accommodate a welcome from the universe.

http://www.springbrooksoapco.ecrater.com/

No comments:

PurelyByNature.com
PurelyByNature.com

Please Sign Our Guest Book

Money Saving Coupons

Oh What A Wonderful Place TO Be

I'm a proud member of